The Danish Embassy and the Danish Board of District Heating hosted a business-to-business event on 20-21 May 2010. At the event participants had the opportunity to learn about Denmark’s approach to district heating and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) as well as meet leading Danish companies within the industry.
The event took place over two days at the seminar theatre at the Danish Pavilion at the All Energy exhibition in Aberdeen. The event has been developed to allow visitors to attend all or parts of the program in combination with their attendance at All Energy.
Day one (20 May) is a business-to-business day, focused on case studies and practical lessons from leading companies presenting their technologies and services. Day two (21 May) featured seminars highlighting the Danish and British experiences with district heating and CHP including case studies from Copenhagen, Aberdeen and Glasgow.
Amongst the Danish companies participating were:
- Grontmij | Carl Bro develops and streamlines production, distribution and consumption. It plans and executes new energy generation projects based on the latest technology and offers all types of consultancy services from special initiatives to turnkey solutions. Grontmij | Carl Bro provides solutions in the areas of energy planning, feasibility studies, district heating, power plants and efficient energy utilisation. www.grontmij-carlbro.com
- ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. ABB has a long reference list of turnkey district heating projects worldwide. www.abb.com
- Kamstrup A/S is among the leading manufacturers of system solutions for metering electricity, heat/cooling, water and natural gas. Kamstrup serves energy and utility companies with long-term stable technology, which make it simple and cost effective to collect and manage energy consumption data automatically. www.kamstrup.com
- BWSC (Burmeister and Wain Scandinavia Contractor) is a world-leading turnkey contractor and operator of medium and large power systems. BWSC is involved in projects for selected renewables and waste-to-energy technologies. The company’s experience and expertise range from every aspect of plant design to rehabilitation, operation, maintenance, and financing. www.bwsc.dk
- COWI is a leading north European consulting group, providing state-of-the-art services within the fields of engineering, environmental sciences and economics with due consideration for the environment and society. COWI is one of the leading specialists regarding design, optimization and rehabilitation of district heating and cooling systems.
- LOGSTOR is the world’s leading manufacturer of complete pre-insulated pipe systems for the transportation of gases and liquids to the district heating and cooling, oil and gas, marine and industrial sector. www.logstor.com
For further information please contact Rasmus Leth Traberg email@example.com or direct on 0207 333 0232