- Invest in Denmark positive about developments in 2016
- DKK 300 million to combat the acute hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa
The Danish Minister for Development Cooperation, Ulla Tørnæs, is increasing Denmark’s humanitarian efforts in combating the acute hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa and Yemen.
- Denmark to give DKK 7 million towards prosecuting war crimes in Syria
The Danish government has opted to donate DKK 7.65 million towards a new UN initiative, the purpose of which is to secure prosecutions for the brutal human rights abuses, war crimes and crimes against humanity that take place daily in Syria.
- Keynote speech from Denmark’s Permanent Secretary of State for Defence, Mr. Thomas Ahrenkiel, on the Chatham House Security and Defence conference
Denmark’s Permanent Secretary of State for Defence, Mr. Thomas Ahrenkiel, delivered a keynote speech on the Chatham House Security and Defence conference.
- Ambassador Claus Grube to give evidence on the Arctic
the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Denmark to United Kingdom, His Excellency Mr.
Claus Grube, will appear before the Defence sub-Committee, and provide
evidence on Arctic issues based on the Kingdom’s strategy for the Arctic and
comprehensive analysis of the future missions and other tasks of the Danish
Ministry of Defence in the Arctic.
- Singularity University establishes new organisation in Denmark
The acknowledged think tank and educational institution Singularity University from Silicon Valley has chosen Denmark as location for its next collaborative venture. The new organisation, operating under the name SingularityU Denmark, will be located in a 5000m2 innovative environment in Copenhagen Science City and is expected to boost digitisation, innovation and entrepreneurship in Denmark.
- Denmark donates DKK 20 million to child victims of Boko Haram
The Danish government is donating DKK 20 million towards Unicef’s efforts to help children and former child soldiers who have fled the terrorist movement Boko Haram in Nigeria and neighbouring countries.
- Denmark celebrates the 180 year anniversary of diplomatic relations to the Kingdom of Belgium
- Denmark and like-minded countries are encouraging the EU to increase support for women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Denmark is co-hosting international conference on women's rights